Tuesday, February 28, 2012

OOTD: Lunch in Paris

Noooooo.......... we did not really go to Paris on our lunch break, but we did take a lovely picture this morning.

I invited my dear friend Monique to pose with me, since her outfit was a similar style to mine and she looked so lovely.

Monique is wearing...
Top: Torrid
Jeans: American Eagle
Flats: Express
Necklace: Torrid



Oh, Hey! Just me, shopping for baguettes and French literature. 

Blazer: Torrid
Top:Old Torrid
Skirt: The Avenue
Leggings: Torrid
Shoes: Torrid

About the outfit: I love stripes and I hate when women say that because they are larger, that they can not wear horizontal stripes. HOGWASH! Horizontal stripes can look really great! Now, obviously, I am not going to go head to toe stripes, because that will just look stupid. But you should never limit wearing something that you feel beautiful in because it breaks the laws of fat fashion. (Those rules were made by designers anyway to keep from making larger clothing. At least that is what I think.)

If you want to wear horizontal stripes and are a little unsure, try adding a blazer like I did to keep the stripes understated. 

Have a great Tuesday folks - hope you enjoyed my outfit! 

7 comments:

  1. I love your outfit I think it looks so cute, I esp love what you said about stripes, with the nautical stripes being so integral to fashion looks at the moment it is crap to have to avoid them. I'm awful as I swear I only wear one style of things because I think everything else makes me look bigger. I TOTALLY need to stop it. I don't even wear trousers for goodness sake. You always look ace in everything!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!

      It is hard to step out of the "plus box" after being conditioned to wear things that are "flattering."

      Our bodies are all so very different and so many things can look good on us, we just have to experiment.

      I get in modes too where I feel like I wear the same things over and over. Blogging has really inspired me to take fashion risks.

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit.. I like your skirt, I can't find in Spain clothes like yours... ohhh it's a shame..You look so pretty in Paris..jaja...

    Kisses

    LasCositasdeLulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sometimes I feel like I can not find certain things in the US either. I love ASOS Curve, but they are in the UK and I wish we had things like that over here.

      Delete
  3. I was literally just saying a couple days ago that plus size women CAN wear horizontal stripes. I think it also depends on the stripes. Your stripes are AMAZE. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Totally agree! It's all how you wear it!!

      Delete