I apologize for not updating in a while, I have been a little busy. Spring is creeping in and I am ready for it! We did have some cold weather though this week in Southern California, and it rained like crazy this weekend, but everything looks so green right now and the the skies are so blue. I will just enjoy it.
One of the reasons that I have been a little busy is that I have been changing the way we eat at home. I really want to get to a healthier state and make some life changes, so I do not want to call it dieting, because I don't want to loose some weight and then think that I can go back to old habits. I am pretty proud of myself though. I have really stuck to it and I am starting to see some results. What keeps me busy is the planning, cooking, preparing of the foods. Plus, I am hitting up the nearby Sprouts pretty often too. Here are some of the thing that I am doing:
- No fast food of any kind (This has been pretty easy. Do you know how they make the stuff? After watching the video on how McDonalds makes their nuggets, was enough to make me never want to eat any of that stuff again.)
- No soda except the occasional ginger ale in my whiskey (Easy too, I am not a soda person.)
- Watch my sugar (They put corn syrup in everything. So I am making sure I don't eat sugary stuff. Also, replacing sugars with agave nectar and just staying away from sucrose in general. I am still eating fruit though.)
- No red med or pork (unless at someone's house and that is what's for dinner.)
- Lots of beans, legumes, high fiber stuff
- Lots and lots of veggies and fruit... probably 80% of my diet
- Raw veggies if possible
- Green smoothies (kale, apples, spinach, chia seeds, avocado)
- Water water water
- Healthy snacks (roasted kale chips, roasted zucchini slices, home-made popcorn with olive oil, hummus overload.
- Minimal wheat and breads/complex carbs in general (Try brown rice pasta. It's amazing.)
It's been easier than I thought, maybe because I have always loved healthy foods. I have always felt like a vegan chef trapped inside of a big girl's body. I don't want to be skinny, I just want to be smaller and healthier. I want some babies and I do not want to give my children some of the habits that I have developed over the years.
Are you ready for some clothes? I have babbled enough. Also, I am re-thinking my whole backgrounds... stay tuned.
I love looking like a secretary.
Dress: Old Torrid
Chiffon Top:Old Torrid
Shoes:TUK (via Torrid)
Do you think that these are cute? My friend who took the pic said that they were bad, but I love them!!
Top: Old dress, turned into shirt from Torrid
Skirt: The Avenue
Shoes: Lane Bryant
I am in love with these shoes. So very comfortable and so easy to wear.
Skater Dress: Asos Curve
This was my first time ordering from ASOS and I am beyond satisfied. First off, being a UK store, I thought that it would take a long time to get to the US. NOPE. Also, for standard shipping, it was free. I got my order in about a week. I opted for a size US 22 and I think that the fit is perfect!! The quality is really nice and the construction is very well done too. I thought that this dress would be a little short, but it is perfect. A++ and I can not wait to order from ASOS again!!
Necklace: Sample Sale
Shoes: Lane Bryant
So that is it for today!! See you next time!! Enjoy your Sunday!