Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cult of California... "Worship at the altar of you."

Happy Saturday loves!

I apologize for no posts this past week, but I had a busy week and wanted to take a little time on this post.

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the launch and trunk show for a new Plus-sized Athletic Wear line, Cult of California, by the very talented and creative, Jen Wilder. Hosted at the beautiful and sexy, Writer's Room, I was not only excited to check out this vintage feel lounge/bar/venue nestled in the heart of Hollywood, but also to support my friend, Jen Wilder.

Based out of Los Angeles, Jen has been designing for 10 years for companies like Forever 21, BCBG, Marciano and Guess. Cult of California's goal is, "to promote beauty in all sizes, health in all sizes and style in all aspects of the plus woman’s life." Her line reflects this perfectly and with a motto like, "Worship at the altar of you," (I have adopted this as my official mantra), you can not help but be drawn to her pieces.

This is what I loved about her line:

  •  Incredible quality. Each piece feels amazing, like it was custom made exactly for you. In a world of mass produced fashion, Jen's pieces are anything but that. 
  • SEXY SEXY SEXY! I don't know about you, but when I work out, sexy is the last thing that I feel. Because I am plus sized, there is not much for me to choose from when it comes to active wear that makes me feel good inside and out. I normally wear an over sized t-shirt and some yoga type pants that wear themselves out by the third work-out. Looking sexy never even had crossed my mind when working out! Cult of California has changed that completely. Now, while hiking, sweating to the oldies, or riding your bike, you can feel like a goddess... nothing wrong with that!
  • Generous sizing! Cult of California has got you covered, size 8-30. 
  • Price point agrees with my wallet! Bottoms range from $45 to $70. Tops range from $28-$58. These are quality pieces built to last, and work with your body, not against it. 
  • Cult of California also makes some really hot club dresses, so when your endorphins are at their highest and you feel like you can rule the world after your workout, slip into one of her sexy little numbers and again... "Worship at the altar of you."
I can not wait to place my first order! These pants/job top will be my first purchase.

Here are a few pictures from the show. To check out more, you can check out Cult of California's Facebook Page or Plus Model Magazine's Facebook page. Plus Model Magazine also did a fabulous interview with Jen Wilder, back in March. Check it out here.

I obviously am not a photagrapher!! LOL

Left:The beautiful Ivory Jinelle checking out these AWE-mazing leggings.
Right: My Cult of California tank!

Left: The wonderfully talented, Ninja Betty and the Nunchix preformed! 
Right: The lovely Reah Norman of Plus Model Magazine, designer Jen Wilder of Cult of California, myself and dear friend Sunnie.

The event was beautifully done and The Writer's Room was a beautiful. I had the honor of meeting some pretty influential women in the Plus-Sized community and industry, as well as some fabulous bloggers and models. It's important to support smaller businesses and local designers, so I highly recommend you checking out Cult of California's shop and getting your order in!

Thanks for reading! 






4 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on their stuff!!! LOVE. I saw another spotlight on this event, and I died for the neon oversized tee's.
    LOVE.
    xoxoxo-
    sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh these photos are awesome! I gave serious thought to skipping Disneyworld and flying over for the launch! It looked like an awesome night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete